WOW! Those are some great images...

What are the LASCO instruments? Obviously the large central disk is an
occulting disk, allowing the corona to be photographed; I assume the
smaller central circle is the true diameter of the Sun. The LASCO C3 image
contains a lot of starfield background, so I suppose we could place the
solar image on a starchart, given the date and time of the image. Any idea
what the horizontal line artifact through the brightest star is? We know
that Saturn is in the opposite part of the sky this year!!

Dave Bell