Tony,

thank you for your prompt reply. I'll have some digesting to do!
There are always scraps of aluminium in the workshop, so I shall "work" on
these first, and see what happens.

Not that it has anything to do with the above, but I was asked to prepare a
10 minute lecture on any subject NOT related to air traffic control, to see
how I would stand up as a lecturer  ;-)
I thought I would just touch on an interesting snippet of transmission line
theory (sounds worse than it is), but two of my collegues specifically
requested the subject of sundials.
The thought had not even crossed my mind yet, but I think I will do it, too.

Regards from a sunny Heemskerk (52-30N 4-40E)
Rudolf