Hi Tony et al,

Congratulations on getting a commission for a dial so far north - I am sure we
will all be fascinated to see such an unusual dial when it is completed.

With regard to the "midnight gap" in the timescale, I can say that the term
"gnomon gap" will appear in the next edition of the BSS Glossary.  The term
really covers the case of vertical decliners with thick solid gnomons, where
the gap is on the sub-style line.  But I think it covers the present case too!

Regards,

John