I'm pleased to announce that the Second Edition of the British Sundial Society Dialling Glossary is now available.  Now subtitled "A sourcebook of dialling data" to reflect its expanded scope, it is about twice the size of the original with 84 pages, far more illustrations, a section on biographies and 29 Appendices of data invaluable to all diallists.

The printed version is available from BSS Sales (Margery Lovatt on [EMAIL PROTECTED]).  The price, including post and packing is 15 UKP (UK): 17 UKP (Europe): and 19 UKP (Rest of World).  The BSS can now accept payment by credit card and by dollar cheques (from a US bank).  Contact me for details.

There are no immediate plans to produce an electronic version (either online or on CD) of the Second Edition.  The BSS may eventually do this, but it won't happen for a while.

My thanks go to all the diallists who contributed to the Glossary.  I hope everyone is mentioned in the Acknowledgements but my sincere apologies if I have missed anyone.

I am still collecting useful dialling information, and corrections to existing definitions, so please contact me if you have any ideas for a Third Edition - though it could be many years before it gets published.

Regards,

John

Dr J R Davis
Flowton Dials