It is not that difficult, mirror the neighbors wall in relation to the mirror, so it will be some imaginary wall in Tom's house. The mirror is the tip of the gnomon, or a little window whatever you like. The south facing dial on the mirrored neighbors wall has to be mirrored back: left and right should switched like top and bottom. And that is simply done by rotating the whole design around a horizontal perpendicular axis.

Thibaud