On 7/9/05 06:54, "Thaddeus Weakley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear UK Folks:
>
> This is off topic of dialing and I ask someone please email me off list.  I am
> in the US and I am trying to verify a London residential address and only have
> a name and phone #.  I can't find a suitable site online to search for this.
> I've had trouble with the connection and would like to know of a good reverse
> look-up website to obtain the address.  If not available, perhaps a London
> telephone info. request number that I can call.
>
> It is for a Graham Barber 44-703-194-4036
>
> Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Thad Weakley
> 41.2N 83.8W  Ann Arbor, Michigan

Two points you need to be aware of -

1.  Reverse lookup of addresses from a phone number is not permitted in the
UK - this is considered 'personal data' and the telecom companies are not
allowed to publish it. Since you have a name, you could go through the
directories to see if any of the 'Graham Barber's have a phone number that
matches the one you have. You can then get the address from the print
version of the phone directories.

2. The number you have begins with '07', so that is a cell phone. All '07'
numbers in the UK are cell phones (and all cell phones start with 07). There
are no directories of cell phone names and/or addresses.

Sorry I couldn't be more help :(

--
Barry