Nowadays they can find carpets on which to pray which include a small magnetic compass in them so they can orientate towards Mecca

On another topic, does anyone have a photo gallery of any new sundials , preferably something ’Äúinnovative’Äù not just a gnomon in the wall type of sundial..

Regards,

alex

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Th. Taudin Chabot
Sent: Is-Sibt, 17 ta' Settembru 2005 07:58
To: sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Subject: Re: Is it possible to determine when the sun is due East & West?

David,
If this group has religious duties to pray due East or due West then that religion must halso have the means to determine that direction, you see that in any culture in the world. So I wonder how they found those directions before.
It is more or less the same question I had earlier (and still have): how did the ancient people at the building of Stonehenge find the equinoxes?
Thibaud Chabot