As a non-scientific novice to dialing, I notice that the few articles I have
read regarding horizontal sundials, as well as other types, all stress the
importance of ensuring that steps are taken to precisely determine the
meridian line in order to orient the sundial properly.  It appears to me
that assuming a horizontal sundial has been correctly designed and
constructed to display Standard Time for a specific latitude and longitude,
one would only need to orient the dial, at its intended location, such that
it displays the exact Standard time.  Correct alignment with the dial's
meridian would therefore result.  Have I over simplified the process?

Bob