> Happy New Year to you all, may all your dreams come true.

> Two thousand and six arrived ( at mid-night ) two to three seconds later at one end of our living room to the other !      Let me explain ............

> My wife and myself have our own television set each, one either end of the living room.  Mine I listen to with wireless headphones, so I can set the volume to the level I require with my slight hearing problem.   My wife's uses her in the normal way.

> This works very well, she can watch the programs she likes.   I can watch the programs I like, with the added benefit of still being able to listen to the telly - when I go out to the garage, or move my car from the front door into the drive, or contemplate the world from the small room!

> However we can no longer sit together, to watch a shared program on her set, while I listen to the sound from my set, though the headphones.  Why ? Because her now has a digital box attached to her set,

> This means that the pictures,   the sound,   and important to us fellows,    the time checks arrive some two seconds or more later on her digital television after my non-digital television set !    

> I do hope that Tony getting his timesignal check from CeeFax, enquired whether the TV was digital or non-digital so that he could make the vital seconds correction. I understand that this 2 + seconds delay also applies to digital radio.

> Can anyone tell me why there is this 2 + seconds delay on digital television / radio ?

> Meanwhile, I must save my pennies and trot down to the shop and buy a digital box for my television set, so that we can again sit together to watch the gardening programs etc.

> And make it a Happy New Year all round !

> David.

Reply via email to