Fellow Shadow Watchers,
                       During my presentation on photo-etching techniques
at the NASS Vancouver conference I mentioned my use of WD40 to
'translucify' paper artwork before contact printing onto Kodalith film.
Someone in the audience proclaimed 'At last! A real use for WD 40!" or
somesuch remark.

The following list of alternative uses and the history of this stuff came
to me recently, some of which may be of interest.

Tony Moss

P.S. The translucified paper has to be dried of course before printing.