  From: Mashallah Ali-Ahyaie
  To: sundial@uni-koeln.de
  Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:56 AM
  Subject: Self-Motivated Contest for Building a Gargantuan-Sundial Monument

  Greetings All Fellow Dialists,

     I wonder if there is any architect dialist among dialist group associated
with sundial@uni-koeln.de . We have all noticed most of the magnificent
sundials around the world are somehow located in open areas or attached to
buildings, monuments, etc. How about designing a monument which its whole
building mass could serve as a gargantuan sundial? For example the Taj Mahal is
a gargantuan Noon-Mark dial. For sure architects and dialist, hands in hands
can design a monument serving as a sundial, while the monument itself could be
utilized, for example as university building, a religion sanctuary, a public
place, an international organization, etc. Could a self-motivated contest to be
started among dialists and architects around the world for designing such a
monument? However, I can't think of any budget for such a contest.

  Best regards,

  Mashallah Ali-Ahyaie