Hi Jan et al
Thank you for the translation. It confirms that the left and right dials
should be Italian and Babylonian.
>From the high-res picture, I think I can see that the hour lines are
inscribed into the surface, not painted. So they are probably original and
it is the painted numbers that seem to be wrong.

I have looked very carefully at the right hand dial and think I can see some
deleted numerals on the right side. In particular, I fancy I can make out a
'19' just where it should be. See my attachment Warsaw_19.jpg which has been
enhanced to show contrast.

I have also superimposed the numerals from the right dial on the left and
vice versa. See my attachments Warsaw_Ita.jpg and Warsaw_Baby.jpg. They're
not perfect but pretty close.

Finally, I created a composite of the hour lines (Warsaw_BothCropLo2) that
shows that they do seem to be quite accurate: they intersect on the
straight equinoctial line. I agree with Frank King, though, that the
equinoctial lines and also the summer solstice lines don't appear to be 100%
accurate. This might be due to photographic distortion, though.

On another point, I agree with a previous poster that the gnomon of the
right dial is too short. Its shadow should also touch the summer solstice
line. And the short vertical shadows above the dials do just seem to be part
of the window furniture, not gnomons.

So, the dials seem to have been repainted incorrectly, perhaps in 1995.
That's a shame and it would be nice if Jan or someone could let the owners
know.

Chris Lusby Taylor
51.4N 1.3W