From: John Carmichael <jlcarmich...@comcast.net>
Subject: The Eternal Sundial
Date: Monday, 11 May, 2009, 3:22 PM

Hello Dialists, especially the Spaniards:

I came across this intriguing photo of an odd spiral-shaped multiple vertical
dial that the photographer calls “The Eternal Sundial”.  He gives no
information about it, but I think it might be located in Spain-possibly at the
Susqueda dam because it is in the photographer’s photostream next to photos of
the dam.
See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidmontse/3166570780/in/photostream/

Also in this photostream is this photo of a more traditional vertical declining
dial with the same decorative border design:
See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidmontse/3166570782/in/photostream/

So I bet both dials are on the same building.

Notice the curved hour lines of the multiple dial.  I am not familiar with this
kind of dial.  What kind of time do the multiple dials show?  And why do the
multiple rod gnomons face in different directions?

It is a beautiful design though and is most fascinating!

John

John L. Carmichael
Sundial Sculptures
925 E. Foothills Dr.
Tucson AZ 85718-4716
USA
Tel: 520-6961709
Email: jlcarmich...@comcast.net

Websites:
(business) Sundial Sculptures: http://www.sundialsculptures.com
(educational) Chinook Trail Sundial:
http://advanceassociates.com/Sundials/COSprings/
(educational) Earth & Sky Equatorial Sundial:
http://advanceassociates.com/Sundials/Earth-Sky_Dial/
(educational) My Painted Wall Sundial:
http://www.advanceassociates.com/WallDial
(educational) Painted Wall Sundials:
http://advanceassociates.com/WallDial/PWS_Home.html
(educational) Stained Glass Sundials: http://www.stainedglasssundials.com
(educational) Sundial Cupolas, Towers & Chimneys:
http://StainedGlassSundials.com/CupolaSundial/index.html