Dear Willy,

My long experience to persons outside the sundials is as follows: A). Too
complicated analemmatic figures or the necessary use of algebraic
calculations to know the time that they consider the real one; for this
reason, these people think the solar quadrant as an obsolete object. B). The
same persons in front my sundial of direct reading increase the interest in
gnomonics to consider these instruments as a “scientific precision
apparatus”. Thus, direct reading encourages people towards our passion: the
solar quadrants.