  From: Edley McKnight
  To: Chris Lusby Taylor ; sundial
  Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:31 PM
  Subject: Re: Quick Bifilar

  Dear Chris,

  Thank you for your rapid and full response.  It does make the subject more
understandable for me.  (Several of the authors I mentioned do have methods
that are not iterative, but seem slow and non-direct, Sorry for the
mislabeling!)
  I'm thinking forward to the time we can toss one of these in our vehicle,
pull it out when we stop and prop or fasten it against some convenient object,
adjust the threads and have it fully usable in just a couple of minutes.
Perhaps inputing the new values into a programmable calculator and solving
directly for the thread positions and heights. Given GPS, an inclinometer, etc.
  Maybe this is too much to hope for?

  Yes, and Happy New Year also!

  Edley McKnight