I think the dial could be called a Polar dial, but I favor Equatorial, because the hour marks will be evenly spaced along a cylindrical surface, typical of many equatorial dials.  How about shaking things up a bit, and calling it a Polar Equatorial?  Definitely not horizontal.
-Bill Gottesman

Александр Болдырев wrote:
Friends,

Is there a conventional name (like  horizontal',  equatorial',  polar' and so on) for the sundial constructed as shown below?

Am I right thinking that the name of this construction is "Russell sundial"?
I mean Prof. Russell Porter, the Palomar Mountain Observatory.

Any help, please.

Aleks
www.sundials.ru