From: sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de [mailto:sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de] On
Behalf Of Marcelo
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:13 PM
To: Sundial List
Subject: Where are the women?

I've just noticed that, as long as I remember, there is no female participation
in this mailing list. As I study in the Astronomical and Geophysical Institute
at the University of Sao Paulo, where we lack not of the gracious presence of
women - there are more men here, but women are expressive too - I strange their
absence from our astronomical inquiries and conversations. Maybe there is some
truth in that old cliché of men being more prone to math and abstration than
them?