If there is a need for someone on the list to generate a programme for astronomical positions in higher accuracy, I have already coded in C++, a complete windows library that computes Galactic (GLat/GLng), Ecliptical (Elat/ELng), Equatorial (Rta/Dec) and Horizontal (Alt/Azi) positions of the sun, moon, the major planets, comets and asteroids, given Lat/Lng and Local Time.

It understand the changing world timezone rules, and uses either Keplerian or ELP2000/VSOP87 (higher accuracy) methods to get the Rta/Dec of objects. It also handles precession, nutation, and the aberration and refraction of light.

The astronomical engine is used, for example, in our product Time Zone Master to compute sunrise/set, moon phases, start of seasons, equation of time, etc., and in Snap Sundial App to compute shadows for a given lat/lng/Time.

The code library is available under licence, or I can build code on top of it, if it is required for a particular project.

David