3) The time difference to noon is 2h 57m 31s
Multiply x 15 - you get 44d 22m 45s E
It shows a delta-T of 67 seconds

On 2011-09-22 23:59, James E. Morrison wrote:
My logic for answering the question of where on Earth will it be apparent noon at the instant of the autumnal equinox is: 1. The Greenwich sidereal time at the time of the equinox (Julian day 2455827.87793) is 09:10:36.1 2. We want the longitude where the local sidereal time = 12:00:00 at this instant.
3. The sidereal time difference is 02:49:24.
4. Times 15 for degrees = 42d 20m 59s E.
This corresponds to a meridian passing through Georgia, east Turkey and bit west of Baghdad. I used The Electric Astrolabe with a Delta-T of 66 sec to get the GST value. Other programs may improve on the result.
Best regards,
Jim
James E. Morrison
janus.astrol...@verizon.net <mailto:janus.astrol...@verizon.net>