From: Andrew James <andrew.ja...@securetogether.co.uk>
Subject: RE: sundials and tower clocks
To: "Sundial List" <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
Date: Wednesday, 16 May, 2012, 12:06

Dear John, Frank, Kevin, et al,

I remember a letter from Charles Aked in Antiquarian Horology circa 1970
showing his son (then about 8?) at one of the Scottish lighthouse dials in situ.

I believe they were all (?) sold off perhaps about 15 years ago and think I
have a cutting somewhere from a newspaper article showing them in a sort of
well ordered heap.

Regarding the Tompion dial at the Pump Room, a letter in Horological Journal in
I think March 1960 shows what is probably this dial, so actually it was
“discovered” by that writer near Bath some years before Brigadier Neilson
“found” it and presented it to the Pump Room.

Regards
Andrew James

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl.

Secure Meters (UK) Ltd. is a registered company in England: 2199653
Secure House, Moorside Road, Winchester , SO23 7RX

This correspondence is confidential and solely for the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or
any part of it. If you are not the intended recipient please delete this
correspondence from your system and notify the sender immediately.
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----