Hi
What i was meaning ( and i should have been clearer in my first email) was a
meridian line like in some European cathedrals.  If you look at the top middle
picture on
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jmikeshaw/page16.html
You can see the projected image of the sun during a partial eclipse.  I had a
sudden thought as to whether there was something like this on the east coast of
Australia which might make a photo different from all the other transit photos
Thanks for the help
Ian

Astrovisuals <m...@astrovisuals.com.au> wrote:

There seems to be one Sydney, if I understand what you're talking about!

Attraction - Historical Sites and Heritage Locations, Natural Attractions
This particular meridian is the basis of the Eastern Australian Standard
Time, used in Queensland, New South Wales (except Broken Hill), Victoria and
Tasmania.

The 150 Degrees East Meridian crosses the Oxley Highway 34 kilometres
south-west of Gunnedah. Methods of measuring time have varied over the ages,
but the time unit most commonly employed has been the apparent daily circuit
of the sun, from which solar time is derived.
Contact Details:

150 Degrees East Meridian
Oxley Highway
Gunnedah, NSW 2380