The NASS website www.sundials.org has suffered a significant outage due to the severe thunderstorm that hit the Washington DC - Maryland - Virginia area on Friday, June 29th. The storm ranged from Ohio through West Virginia and into the metropolitan area of DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland. Our website, hosted by Jack Aubert in Falls Church, VA was hard hit . Power outages have been predicted to run throughout the area until July 7th or later. Please be patient for www.sundials.org to come back on line. Our temperatures still hover in the 100 F (38 C), making conditions extremely hard for many people. My power came on early today and fortunately with it, Internet connection. You can see the storm's damage at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post_now

Regards,
Bob Kellogg
NASS webmaster