I am cataloguing two inclining sundials and would be grateful for more
information about the makers:

The first is  in the English style but signed in Cyrillic.  I recall seeing
lots of this sort of sundial in St. Petersburg, and some were made by English
makers who had relocated to Russia to serve the court or admiralty.   The
maker's name is ТАНГЕТЪ.

I have uploaded some images of the sundial to this website:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/05mhayi695l14lq/MOKGkWZSIU

The second is signed "D. Praetorius."    He is not the  Johann Praetorius
listed in Zinner.   The sundial may be 18th century.  Images of it are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k3tnpcq50z8e1sa/HD51q4GRg9

Any help you can give me would be very happily received.
Best wishes,
Sara
42°36'N   71° 22'W
West Newton, MA 02465

Sara J. Schechner, Ph.D.
David P. Wheatland Curator of the Collection of Historical Scientific
Instruments
Department of the History of Science, Harvard University
Science Center 251c, 1 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel: 617-496-9542   |   Fax: 617-496-5932   |   sche...@fas.harvard.edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~hsdept/chsi.html