Once I moved to Australia from California, It took me about 3 years before
I would stop make embarrassing mistakes concerning left from right. At
times, I felt I was 6 years old again!

I lived in California for 22 years
The ocean is west
The sun sets on the ocean
We drove on the right
When we face north, our back is to the equator

In Brisbane
The ocean is east
The sun sets inland
We drive on the left
When we face north, we are also facing the equator

I also had a fun time learning about sundials. 95% (or more) of the books
and articles are for northern hemisphere dials. I had to try to convert
this data to southern hemisphere before I even knew how a sundial works!

I have changed the animation for the shadow to rotate the other direction.
However, I'm still undecided of which one to use on my website and email
footer

http://content.screencast.com/users/dchristensen777/folders/Default/media/424ea0f6-012b-4d4f-ac4e-beb931f04403/GIRL_SHADOW%20northern%20dial.gif

Cheers
Donald