These astronomical clocks are part of a tradition of elaborate and complex
clocks that showed all sorts of astronomical information.  They are largely
found in courtly collections put together in the 16th and 17th centuries.  The
inclusion of sundials on them was common in order to set the time of the clock.

A fine collection of clocks by Jost Burgi and others is found in Kassel:
http://www.museum-kassel.de/index_navi.php?parent=1412
http://www.museum-kassel.de/sic2011/?parent=5108

And in Dresden: Mathematisch Physikalischer Salon
http://www.skd.museum/de/museum-erleben/skd-mediathek/skd-videos/tuermchenuhr-mit-automatenwerk/index.html
http://www.skd.museum/de/museen-institutionen/zwinger-mit-semperbau/mathematisch-physikalischer-salon/die-neue-dauerausstellung/index.html

(not much is online but there are some great books)
Sara

Sara J. Schechner, Ph.D.
David P. Wheatland Curator of the Collection of Historical Scientific
Instruments
Department of the History of Science, Harvard University
Science Center 251c, 1 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel: 617-496-9542   |   Fax: 617-496-5932   |   sche...@fas.harvard.edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~hsdept/chsi.html