The benefit of an altitude dial is that it does need to be aligned with the
polar axis. With that concept in mind then a latitude adjusted altitude dial is
not feasible.

However, if one gives up that benefit, and takes an altitude dial and then
tilting it towards the pole, or away from it, in other words now aligning it
with true north or true south, then the altitude dial will work at the adjusted
new latitude. I have had fun with doing this with the shepherd dial.

Some interesting dial plates can be generated that one would assume could never
possibly work when so adjusted. However, they do.

Simon

Simon Wheaton-Smith
www.illustratingshadows.com
Phoenix, Arizona, W112.1 N33.5