3) convert to ecliptic cordinates using the mean obliquity of the new date
4) apply nutation to the ecliptic longitude
5) apply annual aberration to the true ecliptic coordinate
5a) apply diurnal aberration and parallax (these two are generally ignored)
6) if rqd, convert back to equatorial by using the true obliquity of the new date

Also, don't forget to use the apparent lst if converting to Declination and HrAngle

Finally, apply refraction to the altitude if you want it in alt-azi form

Many star chart programmes miss a few of these steps, but I would check out some of them and see if they provide the numbers you are looking for.

On 2014-11-28 23:52, James E. Morrison wrote:
I am working on two modest projects, both of which require accurate coordinates (RA and declination) of Polaris several hundred years ago. I have been using a spreadsheet of my own doing to calculate precessed stellar coordinates using the formulae in Meeus, but I'm not very confident in the results as I have only one sample giving confirmed values. I am hoping someone in the sundial brain trust can direct me to an available trusted source of Polaris coordinates for years in the past. A few accurate values that I can try to replicate would also be useful.

Best regards,

Jim
James E. Morrison
janus.astrol...@verizon.net <mailto:janus.astrol...@verizon.net>