 From: Claude Hartman <sunlightdesi...@cs-collectibles.com>
To: Sundial List <sund...@rrz.uni-koeln.de>
Sent: Monday, 5 January 2015, 21:13
Subject: Rome Pantheon Sundial?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall reading about this on this list
before.
An article from 2011, titled "Is Rome’s Pantheon a Giant Sundial?"
    is shown at
http://www.history.com/news/is-romes-pantheon-a-giant-sundial

It quotes a book “Time in Antiquity,” by Hannahas saying
“In design terms, a conscious effort was made by the architect and builders to
make the sun do something special in the Pantheon at the equinoxes,”

The book was reviewed in 2009 here:
http://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2009/2009-09-48.html