At any point on the earth, there is one great circle that
is tangent to your latitude circle. That means that at that
infinitesimally small point, both circles point in the same
direction, i.e due east, but only at that point.

Also note that the plane that cuts the earth at any
latitude is perpendicular to the north-south axis of
the sphere but is not perpendicular to the surface.
The plane that cuts a great circle is perpendicular
to the surface. So if you walk along a latitude circle,
you are not standing in the plane of the circle but
are tilted by the angle of your latitude.