Yes, an interesting approach to designing and building a digital sundial (see also www.sundials.org). I've downloaded the 3D files from mojoptix and have just finished building a 3D printer to create one. However, in taking a long look at his 3D model, the sunlight can only penetrate at declinations +/- 15 deg. So unless one repoints the gnomon off the North Celestial Pole (he has a version for southern hemisphere as well), no sunlight penetrates the digital dial for months around both summer and winter solstices. Sigh. However, I've come up with a digital sundial design that will work all year. So I've got a lot for of work ahead for my 3D printer.