hi all,

I draw inspiration from the image sent by Brian Albison for a meditation.

I often found analemmatic sundials with the analemma. Has it a sense ?

Standing on the analemma one can get the right correction for eot only at noon.
Most of these sundials don't report a warning about it, so the users get a
wrong time al the day, except noon.
Moreover some of them haven't the calendar on the meridian line but only on the
analemma, so the misunderstanding is sure.

The use of a table with the eot should solve the curiosity to get the mean
time, so I wonder why this kind of sundial is knowspreading with the analemma
while it is not suitable for this.
Do you  where this use come from ?

ciao Fabio

Fabio Savian