The QR code is a very efficient and spedly way to get info or to reach a
Really you can encode any string, like info, coordinates or link to a website.
If you wish to encode something in a QR code there are a lot of sites to get
it, recently I used:

On Sundial Atlas every sundial has a QR code so that you can directly get the
card of the sundial with the coordinates and other info.
The link and the QR code which contains it, are automatically published inside
the card of every sundial.
Some cities in Italy are planning to add this QR code near the sundial so that
one can get more info about it.

Another QR code, attached, allows to reach the Android shop where to freely
download the App Sundial Atlas Mobile (SAM).
This app, created by Gian Casalegno, allows to get the satellite map centered
on your position with the pushpins of the sundials around you. With a simple
touch on the pushpin you can get a little photo and the coordinates of the
Some cities publish the QR code of a ‘path’, the collection of the sundials of
the city, so that one can reach them with the navigator of SAM, simply having
framed the QR code on a flyer.

ciao Fabio

PS From few days the colour of the pushpins may be different from yellow: the
app uses grey for the disappeared ones, purple for the fake ones, and red for
the sundial with a precision of localitazion greater than 50 m, about 150 feet
(thanking those who want to participate in the project and correct the location
with more precision, to the benefit of all users).

Fabio Savian
Paderno Dugnano, Milano, Italy
45° 34' 9'' N, 9° 9' 54'' E, GMT +1 (DST +2)