It seems that I sent this twice to Karlheinz Schaldach, but not to the list.

Dear Karlheinz,

> T. W. Cole, who wrote Origin and use of Church Scratch Dials, London 1935,
> which is only one of his publications.

There are more publications by him. From different sources I compiled:

Cole, T. W. The Origin and use of Scratch-Dials (London, 1935),
reprinted 2001

Cole, T. W. Classification of church scratch-dials. 1935

COLE, T. W. Scratch-dials and medieval sun-dials.
History and relation to scientific sundials. (Stratford St. Andrew, 1938

Cole, T. W. Scratch dials or medieval sundials :
supplementary list to the list given in "Origin and use of church
scratch-dials".
Stratford St. Andrew, Saxmundham : [Privately published 1945]

Cole, T. W. Church Sundials in Medieval England:
Reginald Taylor Prize Essay 1945. 1947
(Also cited as: Cole, T. W. Church sundials in medieval England.
Brit. Archaeol. Assoc. Jour. for 1945-7, 3rd ser. X (1948) 77-80.
[Reginald Taylor Prize Essay, 1945. Summarised by A. J. Hatley.])

Perhaps this publication in Brit. Archaeol. Assoc. Jour. contains
some biographical information, because it is related to a prize.

Two more findings:

David A. King, George Saliba: From deferent to equant: a volume of studies
in the history of science in the ancient and medieval Near East in honor
of E.S. Kennedy. 1987, p. 138:
"These wall dials, often called scratch dials, are described in Zinner,
1964, and in a series of three pamphlets published privately by T W. Cole ..."

Norfolk Archaeology, Or, Miscellaneous Tracts Relating to the Antiquities
of the County of Norfolk, Vol. 25, 1935, p. 452:
"Mr. T. W. Cole, of London, is making an effort to record and classify
the primitive sundials, or scratch dials, on churches: hitherto the
recognition of the subject seems to have been general rather than exact.
Mr. Cole has published an interim list, ..."

I could not find his first name(s).

Best regards,
Wolfgang