> On 23 Mar 2019, at 15:51, Michael Ossipoff wrote:
>

> > The International Standards Organization WeekDate calendar (ISO
> > WeekDate
> > Calendar):
> >
> > .
> >
> > The calendar year starts with the Monday closest to Gregorian January
> > 1st.
> >

> Close.

No, not just close. My definition is a correct wording for a definition of
ISO WeekDate.

> The start of each week is defined as a Monday. The first week of
> the year is the first week of the calendar year that contains a
> Thursday.
>
> Effectively, the same thing as you describe, but the definition makes no
> reference to Monday or January 1st.

You mean that the definition *that you read* makes no reference to Monday
or to January 1st.

I didn't say that I was quoting the official wording, or the Wikipedia
wording.

I was giving a less arbitrary-sounding, clearly, naturally and
obviously-motivated wording of the definition. In other words, a better
wording of the definition.

Michael Ossipoff

13 Sa
1958 UTC