Ralf,

In /opt/SUNWut/kiosk/bin/dtsession

replace:

exec /usr/dt/bin/dtsession

with:

exec /usr/dt/bin/ttsession -c /usr/dt/bin/dtsession

Let me know if that works.

Ralf K. Wiegand wrote:
Correction!!! It is not utrestart -c what creates the
error message. It is the session manager.
--- "Ralf K. Wiegand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Here is the gray window message..

Action Required

the DT messaging system could not be started
To correct the problem:

1. Choose [OK] to return to the login screen.
2. Selet failsafe session from the login screen's
option menu and log in.
3. Check to see that the hostname is corrct in...
..
/etc/hosts

Can we disable the Tooltalk messaging system?
is that a possible choice, will it help?
This is not a big deal, but it is some want a
turn-off
for a user...

Thanks
ralf

--- "Ralf K. Wiegand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sun Ray Server 3.0 - latest version,Cirix pres.
Server
4.0 - Windows 2k Adv server

SunRay's are running fine.  Once in a blue moon I
get
the following message when  the desktop window
manager
starts:

libtt[#####]: libtt: startup_ttsession

("ttsession

-s
-d systemname:5) failed with code -1, see syslog

note: no entries in syslog

On the desktop you see a gray window, some

tooltalk,

session manager message, no error message more a
notice.
Next times I get it I'll write it down...

To fix: utrestart -c
Any idea?

Thanks
Ralf