Port fast should be enabled, which is basically turning off spanning tree.

{Darkavich} Steven Misrack wrote:

On Sep 27, 2005, at 08:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Not that I think the duplex neg has anything to do with this particular issue but I can share this with regards to Cisco switches. My 170's both mate to a Cisco 3750 and I have them hard coated in the switch to full. I did have a
negotiation issue at first but that was to do with the fact that the
negotiation lag time in the 3570 would sometimes exceed the firmware time in the 170's boot process and they would reboot just before the link came up and the establishment phase between the rays and the server would loop. If I moved to an older Cisco 2924 the link came up faster and this was not an issue. Oddly enough in my experience with Cisco switches and routers, which is pretty substantial, auto neg issues were noticed between cisco devices as opposed to
a Cisco switch and a Sun server.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't this why they want port fast disabled or enabled? I can never remember which. The result is that the switch port comes up faster?

Thanks

Please support Team Qualcomm/SAIC find a cure for MS. Sponsor me in  MS150
http://ms150baytobay.com/darkavich
Steven Misrack
Staff Engineer
Qualcomm, QCT-Engineering Systems
+1.858.651.7535

Never confuse having a career with having a Life
         -- Eddie Bauer