We are having trouble with the scrollbars on Linux. Clicking anywhere below or
above the current point is supposed to scroll one windows worth. Sometimes it
does that, other times it scroll several windows worth and even all the way to
the end.

The multiple scroll behavior is what you would expect if the mouse button was
held down. But we see this on quick clicks.

Running xev to look at timestamps we see that the time interval between
buttonpress and buttonrelease events varies between 100-200ms. This is maybe a
little higher than I see on a standalone workstation but not much.

This shows up on the lan as well as the wan, and the time intervals are about
the same.

Any ideas on how to attack this problem?

Thanks,

Matthew
Matthew C. Aycock
Operating Systems Analyst/Developer, Lead
Dept Math/CS
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Internet:  m...@mathcs.emory.edu