Hi!

Picking this up again, being the usbdrived solution very useful, I still can't manage to make the mounted USB drive show up in the "Device notifier". I'm using Oracle Linux 6.3 w/ KDE 3.4.3 (yep, I know KDE is not officially supported, but maybe someone has gone through this and can help...).

Once plugged in, the drive is correctly mounted, I can read, write, browse contents, etc. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to send any notification into the "Device notifier" area. I've tried making a simple trace with the 'udisks --monitor' command and the result seems to be correct:

added:     /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/utdisk1
Showing information for /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/utdisk1
  native-path:                 /sys/devices/virtual/block/utdisk1
  device:                      251:1
  device-file:                 /dev/utdisk1
    presentation:              /dev/utdisk1
  detected at:                 mié 09 jul 2014 13:05:18 WEST
  system internal:             0
  removable:                   1
has media: 1 (detected at mié 09 jul 2014 13:05:18 WEST)
    detects change:            1
    detection by polling:      1
    detection inhibitable:     1
    detection inhibited:       0
  is read only:                0
  is mounted:                  0
  mount paths:
  mounted by uid:              0
  presentation hide:           0
  presentation nopolicy:       1
  presentation name:
  presentation icon:
  size:                        4284481536
  block size:                  512
  job underway:                no
  usage:
  type:
  version:
  uuid:
  label:
  partition table:
    scheme:                    mbr
    count:                     1
  drive:
    vendor:
    model:
    revision:
    serial:
    WWN:
    detachable:                0
    can spindown:              0
    rotational media:          Yes, unknown rate
    write-cache:               unknown
    ejectable:                 0
    adapter:                   Unknown
    ports:
    similar devices:
    media:
      compat:
    interface:                 (unknown)
    if speed:                  (unknown)
    ATA SMART:                 not available

added:     /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/utdisk1p1
Showing information for /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/utdisk1p1
  native-path: /sys/devices/virtual/block/utdisk1/utdisk1p1
  device:                      251:2
  device-file:                 /dev/utdisk1p1
    presentation:              /dev/utdisk1p1
    by-id:                     /dev/disk/by-uuid/25E6-DE47
  detected at:                 mié 09 jul 2014 13:05:23 WEST
  system internal:             0
  removable:                   0
has media: 1 (detected at mié 09 jul 2014 13:05:23 WEST)
    detects change:            0
    detection by polling:      0
    detection inhibitable:     0
    detection inhibited:       0
  is read only:                0
  is mounted:                  1
  mount paths:             /tmp/SUNWut/mnt/nicolas/noname
  mounted by uid:              0
  presentation hide:           0
  presentation nopolicy:       1
  presentation name:
  presentation icon:
  size:                        4284481536
  block size:                  512
  job underway:                no
  usage:                       filesystem
  type:                        vfat
  version:                     FAT32
  uuid:                        25E6-DE47
  label:                       USB20FD
  partition:
    part of: /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/utdisk1
    scheme:                    mbr
    number:                    1
    type:                      0x0c
    flags:
    offset:                    24576
    alignment offset:          0
    size:                      4284481536
    label:
    uuid:

This happens with /any/ device. On the other hand, the 'solid-hardware list' command (which seems to be the KDE's hardware control tool) doesn't list this device, which I guess is the problem. I also tried sticking the USB device to the server instead of the client, and it gets mounted and notified. However, it doesn't seem to be getting mounted by the 'utstoraged' daemon, because the mount-point is defined this way instead of the Sun-Ray 'characteristic':

/dev/sdb1 on /media/USB20FD type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,uid=500,utf8,shortname=mixed,flush)

Could the utstoraged daemon have something with the fact it's not being notified? Any hint or test that I might try to know why is this happening?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Nicolás