From: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanc...@viagenie.ca>
Date: Monday, July 17, 2017 at 02:55
To: John Brzozowski <john_brzozow...@cable.comcast.com>
Cc: "draft-jjmb-v6ops-ietf-ipv6-only-incremen...@ietf.org"
<draft-jjmb-v6ops-ietf-ipv6-only-incremen...@ietf.org>, Jim Martin
<j...@daedelus.com>, Alissa Cooper <ali...@cooperw.in>, Russ Housley
<hous...@vigilsec.com>, Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com>, Suresh Krishnan
<suresh.krish...@gmail.com>, Jari Arkko <jari.ar...@piuha.net>,
"sunset4@ietf.org" <sunset4@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sunset4] Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF
Meetings

    On 16 Jul 2017, at 20:28, Brzozowski, John wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > Apologies in advance for the gratuitous cross posting (v6ops, ietf,
    > ipv6, sunset4, softwires).  I hope, to you all, this is worth the
    > added email.
    >
    > The draft below was written to provide the necessary documentation to
    > enable the IETF (the NOC, participants, etc.) to migrate to an IPv6
    > only primary network connection (Wi-Fi and wired) that utilizes
    > NAT64+DNS64 to access IPv4 only content.  The request for IETF 99 has
    > been to have the primary “ietf” SSID adhere to what is documented
    > in the I-D below.  I trust the motivation is understood.  This means
    > that the main “ietf” SSID would be switched to be IPv6 only with
    > NAT64+DNS64 (at layer 3) per the I-D below.  Given the that IETF99 is
    > upon us, this may or may not be entirely possible.
    >
    > At this stage, the infrastructure preparations for IETF 99 should be
    > in place to ensure that the IETF has the necessary hardware for
    > redundancy and performance.
    >
    > So, we are all seeking your input.  Given the above, what would all
    > you suggest is tolerable for IETF99 as it pertains to the I-D below?
    >
    > • IPv6 only per the I-D for the balance of IETF week?
    > • IPv6 only per the I-D for one or more days this week?
    > • IPv6 only per the I-D for the plenary?
    > • IPv6 only per the I-D for the next IETF meeting?

    While I’ve been a proponent of IPv6 for a long time, including our own
    open-source implementation of nat64/dns64, we shall be careful, so I
    would suggest that for this week, we pick a day for experiment, say
    wednesday, and then for IETF100, we have it for the whole meeting, great
    accomplishment for 100!

    Marc.

    > Please send us your feedback.
    >
    > Regards,