Hello everyone,

Just to give you a quick update: I finished a prototype for running NEAT with SuperTux. The prototype is capable of learning to solve about 70-80% of "Welcome to Antarctica" pretty quickly, in about an hour maybe. The code is still hosted at https://github.com/ChristophKuhfuss/supertuxNEAT/ . If you want to try it out yourself: compiling should work as usual, I modified "--help" to show some evolution-specific command line arguments. I suggest using a sensor grid size of 10-15 with a padding starting from 20. Bigger grids seem to reduce learning capabilities of the neural networks (overfitting maybe?).

Please note that this is still an early prototype.

I would love to hear your opinion on that if you are interested in the project and have the time to check it out.

Best regards,
Christoph Kuhfuß