On Fri, 1 Aug 2014 05:32:16 +0000
Gerrit Pape <p...@smarden.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 03:01:16PM +0200, Jan Pobrislo wrote:
> > I was under the assumption that the pipe is left open so you can
> > send signals in case the supervised processes have trouble exiting
> > the normal way.
>
> The service stopped already in this situation, I'm with Laurent in
> this case.  But not the log service, so its control pipe should stay
> open and commands processed.

Can't it happen the other way around? (log/run exiting and ./run
being stalled) I didn't dig too deep into runsv code to see if that case
is handled differently.

> What do you think about this patch?:
>

>     When runsv is told to exit, it now no longer processes any control
>     characters read from the control pipe (it still does for the log
>     service).  It waits until the log service has terminated and then
>     exits.  The sv program now properly reports this through the
> status command.

Using sv with runsv in "wait" state:
* Will I still be able to see PIDs of the processes until they exit?
* Will I be able to send signals to them using sv kill etc. or will I
  have to extract the PIDs and kill them manually?
* How this interacts with the control scripts?

Thanks for clarifications