On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Laurent Bercot
<ska-supervis...@skarnet.org> wrote:
>> The Polipo author's reasoning may apply to your application as well, my
>> memory is essentially the value of HTTP proxies has declined a lot now that
>> so much of the web is behind HTTPS.
>

>  Yes. And if it is about HTTP, then the clients' ISPs will proxy the
> data for them. They may even add some extra friendly stuff in the data,
> such as ads and announcement banners! The lengths they will go to for
> their users.
>
>  Bottom line: HTTP proxies *are* on the way out, for good reason.

This kind of situation usually means that I'm trying to use the wrong
tool. As said in the first mail, I need to redirect some targets to a
ssh tunnel, and let everything else go its way. Rather than using a
proxy, the solution seems obvious: setup a different browser profile
for the special targets and set the browser proxy for that profile to
the ssh tunnel.

Cheers

Jorge