Assuming the number of syslog logging scripts is fairly small (a few for
daemons in an anticipated list, and perhaps one for the rest; I think
this scheme is actually already in use by most syslog users), what about
setting up a group of s6-log consumer services, and use a chainloading
program (akin to s6-tcpserver-access) with s6-ipcserver to dynamically
decide which consumer to connect to (by interacting with s6rc-fdholder)?

Yes, that sounds good. Also, it feels similar to something I'm
proto-thinking about for instanced services ; I need to dwell on it
more, to see whether there are more common points.
Unfortunately, I don't have much time to work on it at the moment.

--
Laurent