Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> writes:

Depends on how the HTML is written ... All I'm saying is don't assume,
sight unseen, that the current HTML can't easily be converted to
semantic LaTeX or Docbook or whatever.

This is good advice in general; but in this particular case, there's no "sight unseen" involved on my part. i have actually looked at the HTML sources of the existing s6 documentation. (For some context, i've authored HTML professionally myself.)

As i indicated in the post to which you responded, as well as in my last post to this list:

   https://www.mail-archive.com/supervision@list.skarnet.org/msg02560.html

the current HTML markup is basically not semantic, but presentationally-based.

(i'm not complaining about this. i'm very grateful that Laurent has provided such comprehensive documentation for s6; many software authors provide far less, or suggest that the source is the end-user documentation. i feel s6 is a sufficiently important project that i'm happy to help out with documentation stuff, rather than putting further demands on Laurent's already-saturated bandwidth.)

To be more specific regarding one of the points in my last post, here's an excerpt from s6-envuidgid.html:

   <pre>
   </pre>

Alexis.