I believe only certain configuration settings allow interpolation.
The documentation states which they are.  Do a search for 'string
expression' on this page: <http://supervisord.org/configuration.html>

numprocs doesn't seem to be one of them.

Perhaps you could generate a config file dynamically, setting numprocs
appropriately, then add process group.