thanks to you both.  i've clearly been missing out on most of the
documenation for supervisord.

perhaps even _mentioning_ http://supervisor.org in the man page would
help!  honestly -- it's bad enough that the man page doesn't offer
complete documentation, but to not even mention the site where the
documentation does exist is a huge omission.

paul