Hi,

We have a PHP application which needs to exec off another PHP process.
The problem is, is that when we use a command with "php" in it,
recursive forking is started.

We installed this software on a server running CPanel running SuPHP.
when we tested the software we had a catastrophic failure where
thousands of processes were being spawned off.  Through an extensive
debugging process, we were able narrow the issue down to SuPHP.  I have
attached a test script displaying this behavior.  When the script is run
from the command line, It functions correctly.  When it is run as a CGI
script on the web, it fails 2 ways: If you click the "Go POST" button,
the script runs, but the output in the log file is incorrect, being a
complete http response rather than the php version info. If the "Go GET"
button is clicked, the script will execute once in the browser, then
continue forking itself, outputting the same thing as the post method.
Our guess is that SuPHP revisits the GET command which causes a
recursive loop.  Can you please advise us how we can get this working?

Thanks,
J.D. Tysko
Software Engineer
BCS Engineering