I have a problem that I hope you can through some light on and resolve.

The server is a Linux ubuntu 8.04 server with ispconfig control panel and pear installed. Initially all was working as expected. I added SuPHP to allow php scripts to run as the correct user. Suphp was compiled as follows

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --with-apache-user=www-data --with-setid-mode=paranoid --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2

After installing suphp scripts which call Mail.php (the pear mail include) no longer run, I get the following errors.

Warning: include(Mail.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web2/web/test.php on line 5

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Mail.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/web2/web/test.php on line 5

Fatal error: Class 'Mail' not found in /var/www/web2/web/test.php on line 56

The mail.php is included in the php.ini with include_path = “.:/usr/share/php”

Is Suphp supposed to affect files included through the php.ini in this manner?
Is there a way to get this configuration to work?

--

  This transmission is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. The disclosure, copying or use of any part other than by the addressee(s) is unauthorised and prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views expressed in this transmission may be those of the individual sender and may not be those of Binaryone or its entities. To the extent permitted by law, Binaryone disclaims all liability for any loss or damage caused by the contents of this electronic mail including but not limited to computer viruses.
Click for web site