Vladimir Prelovac wrote:
> Do you guys know of any PHP caching solution that will work with suphp?

There aren't for the reasons how mod_suphp works.

I've been thinking about what would be needed to make some opcode caching.

- PHP as Fast-CGI with user rights

- mod_suphp or fork or new code (later mod_fsuphp:) which handles these
and sends requests to already existing fastcgi php if one exists, if not
it will run new fast-cgi php and send the request there.

- mod_fsuphp will need to watch those fast-cgi processes and kill them
when some idle time is exceeded or some memory consuption restrictions
is exceeded.

Negative impact is of course the memory consuption that every user will
have it's own opcode cache.

Maybe that would also be possible to avoid with shared memory which is
read/writable with some group which these users belong and the used
opcode cache uses shm.

I'm not so familiar with apache/apache's modules/mod_suphp that I could
say that this approach is doable. This is just something that I've been
thinking.

If this is doable I think it would be nice in the sites which are using
mod_suphp but there aren't plenty of active users.

At this moment I don't have any plans to research/implement these,
but if someone has I'd be interested.

Also comments are welcome...

--
Yhteistyöterveisin,