I have installed the KUbuntu 4.0 distribution for NFS flashing on a VirtualBox
VM hosted on windows.

NFS is set up and I can mount the file system from other Linux boxes.

Folder structure on KUbuntu:

/nfs/7.1.5/*
/nfs/8.2.16/*

I have loaded the appropriate images into the NFS subfolder.

I have an Elphel connected via hard wire.  I have an old, non-KUbuntu flash
system running that works with 7.1.5 on a different VM on the same host under
Ubuntu 14.04.

The KUbuntu panel with the tools to search for Elphel’s, do Net Boot, etc. are
present and work.

I can find Elphel’s and they appear in the panel.

I can access them via the web browser.

What I expect to happen is that if I open a “Found” Elphel’s web browser I
should be able to select the firmware page, enter the /nfs/7.1.5/kernel path
and have the Elphel reflash.

If I connect an older Elphel (one that should work with 7.1.5) with non-MICRON
flash once I click the reflash the web frame with the pinkish reflash box
reports the connection was reset and nothing happens.

If I connect a newer Elphel (presumably working with 8.X) with MICRON flash and
do the same thing (but selecting the 8.2.16 image) I get a 404 error in the
pinkish box.

If I try the netboot route (resetting the Elphel appropriately) dropping the
appropriate software for the board type onto netboot one of two things happens:

A) the progress dialog appears at 1% and never moves.

B) the progress dialog appears and processes to 100% within a few seconds with
corresponding network activity.

In both case the Elphel’s are not reflashed and whatever was there previously
(working or not) remains there.

I presume this all works and I am missing something stupid - any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Todd